Bill Summary - SB1102: HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS

Various changes relating to the regulation of hearing aid dispensers, audiologists and speech-language pathologists. The Department of Health Services is required to deposit 10 percent of all monies collected for the regulation of hearing aid dispensers, audiologists and speech-language pathologists in the general fund and the remaining 90 percent in the Health Services Licensing Fund, instead of depositing all monies in the Hearing and Speech Professionals Fund to be subject to legislative appropriation. Hearing aid dispensers, audiologists and speech-language pathologists are required to renew their licenses every two years, instead of annually. Licenses issued before the effective date of this legislation expire one year after the date of issuance. Continuing education and examination requirements are modified. The Dept is required to adopt rules to reduce the regulatory burden on licensees and to prescribe an examination developed by a national organization of hearing aid dispensers that is consistent with statutory requirements. AS SIGNED BY GOVERNOR.

First sponsor: Sen. Yee

General Comments (all lists):
Single List Comments:'

S1102 Daily History                                      Date    Action

HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS   4/3     signed by governor. Chap. 33, Laws 2013.
HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS   3/20   passed House 58-0; ready for governor.
HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS   3/12   from House rules okay.
HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS   3/11   to House consent calendar.
HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS   2/27   from House hel do pass.
HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS   2/19   referred to House hel.
HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS   2/18   passed Senate 29-1; ready for House.
HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS   2/14   Senate COW approved with amend #4072.
HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS   2/12   from Senate rules okay.
HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS   2/7     from Senate hel-hu ser with amend #4072.
HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS   2/6     Senate hel-hu ser amended; report awaited.
HEARING AID DISPENSERS; AUDIOLOGISTS   1/22   referred to Senate hel-hu ser.