ArSHA's Virtual 2021 Convention - Join us April 9-10thAll sessions will be held virtually. Stay home and earn CEU's from the comfort of your home!
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Our Arizona Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ArSHA) President, Melanie Moore, and Convention Planning Team invite you to our Virtual Convention, Catalyst for Change, April 9-10, 2021.
Your ArSHA Convention Planning Team has been busy searching for a line-up of regionally and nationally acclaimed presenters to exceed your expectations! This year we are exploring new topics to build on past successes and feedback from members like you. If ever there was a time to live our mission, it is now. ArSHA’s focus for each Convention is to provide you with professional development, networking opportunities and provide immediate takeaways for your practice.
Here is a sneak peek at some of the featured activities:
- Kia Johnson, Cultural Diversity Speaker, will open our convention with a call to action!
- ASHA’s Eileen Crowe and Lisa Wolf will present on Support Personnel and ASHA Certification for Assistants
- 17 school related offerings
- A full day of audiology courses by Gyl Kasewurm, Donna Smiley, and Heidi Lervik
- We have the privilege to offer 4, yes, 4 courses on pediatric feeding!
- Marie Ireland will be presenting on Evaluation and Eligibility: Exploring Requirements and Research for school SLPs
- Multiple local medical experts present on speech-language pathologists role in delirium, educating future medical speech-language pathologists, MBSS and specialty certifications.
- Look to the future at the Student Poster Presentations and watch at your leisure
- Happy Hour!!!!
Three big additions this year:
- Silent Auction online
- Annual ArSHA business meeting during lunch on Saturday
- At least a 30 minute break between all courses
As you know, ArSHA’s mission statement is: Empowering Arizona’s speech, language and hearing professionals through advocacy, leadership and professional development to best serve those with communication and related disorders. We think we delivered on our mission for this convention.
Looking forward to getting together,
Shelly Lanham and Robbie Jackson
2021 Convention Co-Chairs
2022 Convention Chair Elect