Are you looking to join a growing therapy team to help improve the lives of as many children as possible, while working in a positive workplace with ethical values? Our pediatric clinic in Surprise includes speech, feeding, occupational, and physical therapy services.
We are searching for a qualified SLP who is interested in working in a pediatric clinic setting for Full Time and/or Part Time.
Our current hours are Mon-Thurs 8:00 - 6:00PM and Fridays 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
General Job Description
- Perform hearing and/or speech and language examinations to learn the patient's degree of impairment.
- Evaluate hearing and/or speech and language test results.
- Evaluate overall medical background information including barium swallow results.
- Diagnose patients and formulate treatment plans for speech, language, fluence, voice, and/or swallowing impairments.
- Educate patients and family members about the various communication techniques or strategies to cope with the impairment.
- Write reports and maintain client information for the purposes of evaluation, treatment progress, and discharge of clients.
- Perform administrative responsibilities, coordinate paperwork, write lesson plans, and schedule case management activities and/or any other appropriate patient information and/or recordkeeping for administrative, billing, and caseload purposes.
- Develop individual and/or group activities and/or programs to manage behavior, speech, language, or swallowing problems.
- Participate in and write reports for meetings regarding patients' progress.
- Supervise a team of one to three SLPA's. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Direct and indirect observation
- Weekly meetings
- Mentoring as needed
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- 3-5 years experience preferred but not required
- Valid SLP license in the state of Arizona
- Current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Current CPR certification
- Maintain Continuing Education requirements, as per AzDHS (http://azdhs.gov/licensing/special/index.php#speech-hearing-continuing-education)
- 100% pay for no-shows and cancellations
- PTO based on an accrual basis to meet the Arizona state requirements.
- Competitive pay based on experience and skill level
Related keywords: speech language pathologist, speech pathologist, slp, slpa, speech therapist