Are you looking to join a growing therapy team to help improve the lives of as many children as possible, while working in a positive workplace with ethical values? Our pediatric clinic in Surprise includes speech, feeding, occupational, and physical therapy services.
We are searching for a qualified SLP-A who is interested in working in a pediatric clinic setting for Full Time and/or Part Time.
Our current hours are Mon-Thurs 8:00 - 6:00PM and Fridays 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
General Job Description
Under direction of supervising speech-language pathologist, the SLPA will:
- Provide direct treatment to children with disabilities who have a variety of speech and language disorders.
- Document clients' progress and performance toward meeting established treatment objectives.
- Assist with speech, language, and hearing screenings without clinical interpretations.
- Monitor client progress and collaborate regularly with supervising SLP to make goal adjustments as needed.
- Complete quarterly progress reports to supervising SLP in a timely manner as requested.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team members.
- Assist in creating home programs for clients and families.
- Provide family education for client progress.
- Perform support duties such as preparing materials, keeping records, maintaining supplies, and scheduling activities.
- Regularly participate in direct and indirect supervision sessions as required by the state of Arizona. Amount of supervision depends on individual skills/experience and client need. (http://azdhs.gov/licensing/special/index.php#speech-hearing-home).
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Valid SLPA license in the state of Arizona
- Current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Current CPR certification
- Maintain Continuing Education requirements, as per AzDHS (http://azdhs.gov/licensing/special/index.php#speech-hearing-continuing-education)
- 100% pay for no-shows and cancellations
- PTO based on an accrual basis to meet the Arizona state requirements.
- Competitive pay based on experience and skill level
Related keywords: speech language pathologist, speech pathologist, slp, slpa, speech therapist