Speech & Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA)
Arizona’s first and only autism-focused charter school is expanding and seeking a Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (SLPA). The SLPA’s primary focus is to work directly with a Speech Language Pathologist to administer school based speech language treatment plans as written in each child’s IEP. Additionally, the SLPA will help to integrate therapies in the classroom as well as providing support to the speech language pathologist in the new state of the art autism center.
Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Special Education and the Speech Language Pathologist; the SLPA will be responsible for:
- Implement student communication strategies
- Move students toward progress on IEP goals
- Engage in data-driven instruction and therapy
- Implement Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) strategies
- Under the supervision of a Speech Language Pathologist, the SLPA must implement goals identified on student IEPs related to Speech and Language in the areas of:
- Expressive Language Skills
- Receptive Language Skills
- Support for students with Augmentative Communication Devices
- Support classroom curriculum as it relates to language acquisition
Follow school-wide systems, rules and positive behavior interventions
Deliver services in a classroom integration model
Coach classroom staff on implementation of speech/language therapy goals
Communicate effectively and proactively with students and families
Responsible for paperwork compliance with data collections relating to IEP goals
Accountability for growth and proficiency on IEP goals
Participate in annual and ongoing staff training
- School located at a new state of the art Autism Center
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Sick Time
- Great professional development and advancement opportunities!
- Experience delivering services in a school setting in a classroom integration model preferred
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Minimum of two years SLPA experience in a school setting preferred
- Experience and training in Applied Behavior Analysis(ABA) preferred
- Valid Arizona fingerprint clearance card
- Arizona IVP Fingerprint clearance card
- Associate's Degree in Speech Pathology
- Certified SLPA in the State of Arizona
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Work is routinely performed in an indoor classroom environment.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Arizona Autism Charter Schools, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Arizona Autism Charter Schools, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.