Annual Bilingual Symposium (Day 1)
Starts in 1 Month, 16 Days
July 7, 2022
This event provides up to 1.2 ASHA CEUs on topics of cultural and linguistic diversity in communication disorders. It is a great way for clinicians and students to connect with researchers and colleagues who work with culturally and linguistically diverse students. This event will be held virtually via Zoom Events on July 7 – 9, 2022.
Below are our presenters and their session titles:
- Xigrid Soto-Boykin, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
- The Next Frontier: Re-Imagining Our Approach to Bilingualism in Speech-Language Pathology
- Taína Jiménez López, SLP.D., CCC-SLP
- Reflecting on Bilingualism: Journey through the Acquisition Continuum
- Pedro Olvera, Psy.D.
- Implementing IDEA regulations in Eligibility Reports for English Learners (EL)
- Nidhi Mahendra, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
- Designing for Equity: Big, Bold Thinking for Speech-Language Pathologists
- Genesis D. Arizmendi, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
- Executive Function and Learning during COVID-19: A Call for Trauma Informed Care
- Elizabeth D. Peña, Ph.D.
- Bilingual Assessment: Past, Present and Future
- Bilingual Assessment: Current Approaches and Strategies
Registration is not yet open, but it will be accessible on our Symposium website here: https://www.bilingualtherapies.com/bilingual-therapies-symposium.