Practicing in Arizona
Navigating the Maze of Speech Therapy Licensure in Arizona
A booklet created by members of the Arizona Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ArSHA) Executive Board with information on licensure and certification for Speech-Language Pathologists, Speech-Language Technicians and Speech-Language Pathology Assistants.
Click here to download this booklet.
Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS)
AZDHS is the Arizona licensing body for Hearing Aid Dispensers, Audiologists, Speech-Language Pathologists, and Speech-Language Pathology Assistants.
Arizona Department of Education (ADE)
SLPs who work in the public school setting in the state of Arizona must obtain an Arizona Department of Education Speech-Language Pathologist Certificate.
Specific information on ADE's requirements can be found here:
• Speech-Language Pathologists
- Requirements For Speech-Language Pathologist, Prekindergarten-12 Certificate
- Application For Certification (SLP only)
• Speech-Language Technicians (renewals only):
- Application For Renewal Of Speech-Language Pathologist Or Speech-Language Technician Certificate
Speech-Language Services in Arizona Schools: Guidelines for Best Practice
This guidance document is designed to assist school-based SLPs/SLTs, administrators, teachers, and parents as they explore the role of speech services in the school-based setting and work together to serve students in Arizona.