ArSHA is once again looking for a Child of the Year to represent those with speech, language and/or hearing disorders within our state. The role of the Arizona Child of the Year is to heighten Arizona’s awareness of communication disorders and the work that is being done to improve the lives of those who live with these challenges. Please consider submitting a nomination for that special child whose remarkable speech/language/hearing journey has been an inspiration to all.
The Arizona Speech-Language-Hearing Association Annual Convention will be held Friday and Saturday, April 11-12, 2014 at the Hilton El Conquistador Golf and Tennis Resort in Tucson, Arizona. The Child of the Year recipient will be announced at the Business Luncheon on Saturday, April 12, 2014.
Guidelines for selection of the 2014 Child of the Year are listed below. Please consider a very exceptional child you know and submit a nomination for this award. Your input is very important to ArSHA’s efforts to promote public awareness.
- Child must be sponsored by ArSHA member(s). One submission per ArSHA member.
- Child must be between 3 and 18 years of age.
- Child must have a speech, language and/or hearing impairment and have received treatment for such impairment.
- Child must be agreeable to public appearances and to having his/her photo taken.
- Parent or guardian must agree to accompany the child to public appearances.
- All entries become the property of the Child of the Year Committee, and all decisions of the Committee are final.
- ArSHA cannot guarantee that any specific prizes will be awarded to the Child of the Year or his/her family.
- Nominations should be received no later than Friday, March 7, 2014.
Send entries to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
6931 E. Princeton Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710