A Word from ArSHA’s Membership Chair
My name is Rebecca Archer-Anwar, and I’m the Membership Chair of the Arizona Speech-Language-Hearing Association this year! This is my first year as the Membership Chair, and I am so excited for what is coming this year with ArSHA.
For those of you who have been loyal members of ArSHA, THANK YOU for your continued support! We encourage you to renew your membership and continue to advance our mission. If you have never been a member of ArSHA, or have stepped away at some point, please take some time to look at us with fresh eyes, and discover the many benefits of membership:
- ADVOCACY – ArSHA employs a professional lobbying firm whose it is to look out for the professional interests of Arizona audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech-language pathology assistants. We stay vigilant for you! ArSHA’s Government Relations Committee is working with the Arizona Department of Education (ADE) on a recent issue related to the scope of practice in schools. They are also working with the Arizona Department of Health Services (AzDHS) on revising hearing screening rules that will affect training and practice in the state for years to come.
- PROFESSIONAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES – Our members receive discounted registration at our annual convention and workshops, as well as free Webinars! ArSHA CE offerings are easily accepted by ADHS for licensing requirements.
- OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE AND LEAD – Join one of our many committees or run for a seat on our executive board! If you want to make a difference, we have a place for you.
- CELEBRATE EXCELLENCE – We honor our own by awarding and celebrating excellence in mentorship, scholarship, and leadership through recognition and awards.
- SUPPORT FROM FELLOW PROFESSIONALS IN THE STATE – Do you have a question or a concern regarding professional practice? Members are encouraged to contact ArSHA, and we will use our vast resources to address questions accurately and in a timely manner.
- NETWORKING – Make business contacts, find a job, and find support by connecting with professionals from around the state at social and contuing education events throughout the year.
We need you to help advance the goals of SLPs, AuDs, SLPAs, and students in these fields in Arizona! Adding your voice will us make a greater impact. There is strength in numbers. Join us!
To become an ArSHA member, or to renew your membership, please go to www. ArSHA.org to complete the online membership application. For more information, please feel free to email me at Membership@ArSHA.org. I hope to welcome you to this great organization!